Wednesday, December 18, 2019

Hacking Life With a Daily Routine

One way to keep a healthy lifestyle is to have a daily routine. You can't really stay entirely healthy without some kind of routine. It really doesn't matter how healthy you eat (which is hard without some goals and routine anyhow), you still need to exercise, and have other goals to keep you in a well-rounded healthy lifestyle. So I thought I would share something with you that has made a lasting impact on me. One way is hacking life.
I like to hack life, and I love to find ways to make life easier by doing everything opposite than most people. I went to Disney World and never stood in a line years ago, by finding ways to do opposite of what everyone else did. I hacked my printer and tore it apart to make ink costs go down, it only costs me about $30.00 for colored ink now, per year, and I print non-stop. No, I don’t use those silly refill kits that make your hands full of ink. I have a system I use OUTSIDE of my printer. I also like memorization techniques, and anything to make my college studies easier. Finally, I love the concept of what is called habit-stacking. There are books on habit stacking that are great and I recommend them if your life is absolutely falling apart, or if you need a better routine.
I read this book called Miracle Morning by Hal Elrod, yes, it is a self-help book…. I will spare you the necessity to read it, unless your life seems to be unfulfilling and you need something or anything to help you out. If you decide to read it, it is a very easy read, and should only take a couple days to read it, depending how much time you have. It is a bit of a flaky read, but if you take the principles and apply them, they really do work, I can attest to that, and I have many examples for evidence. I will not be mentioning them all here, but if you would like to know the examples, let me know and I will be happy to write all about that sometime.
The book tells you to do six things when you get up. Most people will need to get up a little earlier than their normal times if life pulls them out the door early in the day after their cup of coffee. Here are the six things that you should do for ten minutes each to make a total of one hour per day.
1) Read: this takes me longer, for ten minutes just doesn’t hit the mark for me. But most mornings when rushed it is what I lean on. I read every evening, so it doesn’t really matter. I am constantly reading for course material, so reading what I really want to read becomes challenging sometimes. This is good for your brain.
2) Exercise: I have a tiny trampoline in my house and I jump like a mad person while listening to fast music. This is a very inexpensive and simple way to get your metabolism going for the day.
3) Self Affirmations: Yes, talk out loud to yourself and lift yourself up. Only say positive things, even if you don’t believe any of it. In my experience, your mind will catch up with the proclamations you make. I have examples of this working. Most people will find this part hard to do and feel that talking to yourself is crazy. But I don’t since I find absolute joy in doing most things opposite than the crowd.
4) Silence yourself: Just relax, go outside and sit on your porch, close your eyes and breathe while listening to the sounds of the birds. This is easy for me to do as I live in the country and it’s quiet here. So, wherever you can find a quiet place, be good to yourself and do this.
5) Visualize: I remember when I was a kid (seventh grade) and wanted this certain bike. I cut out the picture from one of those big huge Sears catalogs and taped it on my dresser in my room. I would think about all the ways to get that bike. I got a job as a newspaper carrier and I finally saved all my money and got the very bike I wanted right down to the brand and color. I loved that bike. I did this again when I decided to study abroad in Austria. I determined that I was going to go no matter the cost. Mind you, visualizing does not produce much if action doesn’t take place also. For me, I wrote a ton of essays for scholarships and grants, and ended up going for FREE. The visualizing made me believe it could happen, and it motivated me to act.
6) Scribing: Write something., anything…for ten minutes anyone can do this. Nothing more needs to be said on this topic. Everyone knows what it means.
After all of this, I read a book called Complaint Free World, and after implementing a “miracle morning” routine into my life, this became easier. I will talk about this another time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make Your Own Almond Milk

Not only can you make any almond milk at home, but it also tastes better, has fewer ingredients, and can be customized at least a hundred d...